 Space / 23268
Re: USS Okazaki NCC-1960 WIP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:00:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeffrey Benson writes:

I hear ya.  Decent tables are impossible to obtain.  I ended up resorting to
getting two cheap steal sables and putting them together side by side.  They
were supposed to be the same kind of table but one ended up being a
half-inch taller than the other. :-(

Dude!  That sucks.  I was planning on buying two tables: a round one, and
then a regular rectangular one, and using the round for the saucer, and the
rectangular for the warp nacelles and secondary hull.  But I feared that
they wouldn't be the same height (even if they were "supposed" to be), so I
scrapped that idea.  Also, space constraints essentially demand something
that can be flush against the wall.

I was lucky, though ... I found a 36" by 72" table on Staples.com which will
suit me perfectly.  In addition to my computer desk, I also have another
IKEA table stuck in my closet (no place to put it, right now) which I'm
going to use for non-Okazaki buildings ... I want to do a Papa John's
Moonbase!  :)

mmmmm.  Papa Johns......*drools*  Say.  Whatever happened to your Hogwarts
project?