 Space / 22660
Re: New Fad? Multi-Level Moonbase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 21:54:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Fred Trayers writes:
What about establishing a height standard whereby connection corridors could
be placed at intervals *above* the usual 8 bricks off-the-ground elevations?
In all other respects, the corridors would adhere to the normal guidelines,
but they could be located at, say, a height of 24, 40 and 56 bricks.  In
this way, modules might be able to interlock in additional ways, creating a
bit of a Jetson-ian architecture.

I agree with Fred's sentiments on this.  I have thought about building more
modules myself, but time is not likely to allow more than one more out of me
before BrickFest.  My concept for my next one will allow for at least three
levels, maybe more depending on if I finally get tired of watching my big
Castle display gather dust (mmm where could I use *this* piece?).  If I had
time to build many, I would likely make them connected on more than one
floor.  With time to build only one, what are the chances that other
builders will develop second or third floor (not including basement level)
connections?  We should agree on a standard for this before I start building
again...  :)

-Hendo