 Space / 22322
Re: Moonbase Module: The Landing Pad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 15:20:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Andrew Saada writes:
TJ-
This is a beautiful creation.  I like how you captured the Classic Space
schema.  As Adrian stated, "The support columns are really a marvel of
engineering."  Like Jeff, I too really like the use of the ball joint as the
bearing point, and as you said yourself "Blue Technic beams are perfect for
this"--best use I've seem them put to.

Thanks! Actually, I used almost every blue Technic beam I own! But having a
ton of 1x5 and 1x6 gray liftarms made it possible.

Your speeders are nifty...sleek and small.  Maybe they will become a fad...?
Also, the motorized features just kick this Moonbase up a notch!

The motorization was quite easy, and is a neat feature if your moonbase is
in the middle of a big layout. You can sit back and remotely operate things,
which is a lot of fun!

Even if you didn't have R/C control, you could still run wires out of the
base and under the table.

I had a 4th output on my R/C receiver and I contemplated making a motorized
satellite dish, but didn't have time to finish before the TexLUG layout.

I look forward to more Space stuff from you.

Well, I don't know about more Space MOC from me :-) But we'll see...

-TJ