 Space / 22664
Re: New Fad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:57:13 GMT

Did you see the "Life on Mars" Truck Tour?  That was quite cool..as I
recall, there was the following:

monkeys around a tall black object (think the dimensions were 1:4:9)
martians spray painting graffiti on the side of the disco wall
a martian relieving himself on another wall of the disco
a polar bear chasing a martian
an aero-tube sled crash at an intersection

and shouldn't you power spacecraft off dead fleebnorks?

-Scott Lyttle

In lugnet.space, Jeffrey Benson writes:
What would really be fun about the standard ... someone could build a
Moonbase "SUV" dealership, with these huge over-sized craft.  There could be
a bunch of folks standing around outside protesting the craft "WHERE WILL
YOU PARK?" or "MARTIAN* GUZZLERS!"  You could have a Moonbase Cop pulling
one over, and issuing citations ... oooooh, Moonbase police ...

I have so many ideas for a Moonbase, and I can't work on ANY of them until I
move in two months ... grrrr.  Well, maybe I could do a cute little Moonbase
Cop Car :)

Jeff Benson
jbenso1@towson.edu

*Like, you know, if these craft were powered by dead Martians :)

actually, I was pondering something very much like this just today (I'm
working on a supermodule landing platform. it'll be part of a moonbase, but
it's something to do.), so some kind of standard for small-craft (the sort
of thing one would use to dart about a moonbase) could be neat. just make
sure it's large enough to allow pods... of course, the module is going to
have space on top for larger craft, with an elevator connecting to the main
level... or it will if I have enough parts to complete the frelling thing
*crosses fingers*