 Space / 22663
Re: More Legoland California Space Shuttle Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:13:33 GMT

I've finally posted more pictures of the Space Shuttle
at Legoland California.

My understanding is that this model was to go on display
in miniland, complete with the Crawler, Launch pad, etc.
It was also supposed to be animated with a launch sequence.

I was told that the person that was heading up this project
no longer works for Legoland, and so the project was shelved.

  Oh wow, if this is who I think it is, this is/was a woman named Anna
(I
think) from Denmark.  She assisted at one of the Master Builder sessions
I attended, and then on a later trip to the park I waved to her through
the Model Shop window and she invited me back to look at some of the
models.  (I know!  I was in heaven!)

  She said that she had begun the Space Shuttle launch pad way back in
Europe and then it had been shelved, and that it was currently being
revived for the US park.  At that time (last summer or early fall) she
said that they were thinking of using the patch of grass between the
Georgetown model and the pizza restaurant, although nothing ever
materialized there.

  If Anna is not at the park anymore, that's a shame.  She was really
friendly and a great source of information.

--Raymond Flournoy
  flournoy@post.harvard.edu