 Space / 22712
Re: New Fad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 03:25:25 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch writes:
In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli writes:

I'd also want two other minimum criteria - each ship has to have an opening
cockpit and working landing gear. That would make the dioramas look better

Ok. I have to strongly disagree here. In my legoverse landing gear is an • easily
exploitable weakness on military ships. Landing gear on my military ships • (any
size that can land) is always built directly into the hull of the ship to
eliminate it as a (fictitious) structural weakness.

Whoa! My bad. I didn't mean to imply that fixed landing gear was
unacceptable, it's totally fine by me.

Um... Perhaps my reply came across a little more argumentative than I intended.

What I meant was that I viewed the
presence of landing gear of some kind as mandatory.

I see, that makes much more sense than my original assumption.

I've made fighters without landing gear at all, it's just that they don't
land on tarmac or in flat hangar bays - they dock into docking bays on a
carrier, hence they have a docking attachment.

Cheers,
Paul

-Mike Petrucelli