 Space / 22713
Re: 3 new spaceish Mocs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 04:21:25 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Geordan Hankinson writes:
Hello all,

I've got my first "real" space Moc under my belt. I've built space before,
but this is my first cool space vehicle or so I think. ;^)

I present the HLAATV or "T-24 Boar"

SNIP

Bulldog: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=39832

LPT: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=39831

SNIP

Lemme know what you think!

-Geordan

WOW!  the dropship rocks!  Totally conveys the thick armored super tough ship
look.  and it looks like it would be fun to fly too.  I think it would be cool
for the angled supports on either side of the cockpit to be yellow, like double
stripes that would continue up & over the back including the angled supports on
either side of the small single intake hole and stop (& include) the already
yellow little vent thingies on the top back just before the large double tail
intakes.
anyhoo, wicked cool, like a super-sport-SUV-space-transport.  it also looks
like it could be a very versatile ship:  less guns, bigger/longer range
engines, and voila, explorer starship!  Or medical ship, or personal space
yacht.  Very cool!
the bulldog looks like a sleek, better jeep.  the split wedge pieces used on
the 'hood' & 'trunk' of the bulldog are pices i've waited a LONG time for from
Lego for precisely this type of use; wider slopes, or vents-within-a-slope,
etc.  I'd like ALL Lego Slope pieces to have left & right component pieces for
these uses.  I'm  especially thinking of:
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4861
for more uses like what you've done.
I DO like the 'all-in-one' original pieces, but only where structurally needed.
otherwise, I like the 'split' pieces for more open ended play.  The LPT is
cool; maybe replace the gray tiles on the top of the sidewalls with yellow.  I
like the total hingeability/accessability, too.  maybe a vent pattern tile or
other small greeblie on the roof would be cool; but I like the utilitarian
smoothness too...

WOW! definitely would be a great addition, actually great CORE vehicles for
Lego space.

Jeff