 Space / 22312
Re: Moonbase Module: The Landing Pad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 20:17:53 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Thomas Avery writes:
After a 15-year hiatus on space-themed MOCs, I've created a moonbase module:
http://www.texbrick.com/creations/m-base/index.html

Of course I had to use a lot of Technic pieces and add motorization ;-) It
has two lifts and a big door that are remotely controlled (using 4-channel
R/C unit from HiTechnic: www.hitechnic.com).

I built this module for our recent TexLUG meeting
(http://www.texlug.org/spring2003/index.html). There were a total of 9
modules in our layout, built by 8 different people. The previous link has
descriptions and pictures of the meeting.

I don't think I've ruined my interest in Technic/Model Team themed MOCs, but
I did this just for fun. And it really was a lot of fun! It brought back a
lot of memories from my childhood when I played with LEGO space sets.

thanks,
TJ Avery
www.texbrick.com

Wow, that is amazing.  As everyone else has said, that is an awesome
construction.  The cube door is very cool and the speeders are too cute!
(instructions, perhaps?).  The Classic space color works well, though I'm
not an expert in CS because I wasn't born until the line was discontinued
(eek! I just dated myself! ;-))

Nathan Wells