 Space / 22656
Re: New Fad? Multi-Level Moonbase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:08:57 GMT

Hi Folks-

Let me begin by saying that I'm a moonbase novice.  I've yet to create a
module, so feel free to disregard the following comments until you feel that
I've been around the block enough...

However, one of the limitations of the Moonbase concept (albeit necessary)
is that the standard modules are limited in size.  This leaves the designers
three choices:  1.) Keep their modules limited to one baseplate, 2.) Build
"supermodules" with multiple baseplates or 3.)  Build "up." as illustrated
by the spectacular "Landing Pad"

What about establishing a height standard whereby connection corridors could
be placed at intervals *above* the usual 8 bricks off-the-ground elevations?
In all other respects, the corridors would adhere to the normal guidelines,
but they could be located at, say, a height of 24, 40 and 56 bricks.  In
this way, modules might be able to interlock in additional ways, creating a
bit of a Jetson-ian architecture.

This may have already been discussed, but if not, I'd love to hear the opinions.

Cheers,
-fjt3