 Robotics / 24134
Re: An Idea for new Mindstorm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:52:07 GMT

Isn't it a bit of a contradiction to have a person who wants to build robots,
but doesn't want to program? A true robot, of the kind we see on this newsgroup,
is a harmonious blend of decent programming and decent construction. If you take
the programming element out, all you're doing is building another Technic model,
albeit slightly more complex. I don't see a market for this kind of thing in my
area at all: everyone I know either is an excellent roboticist, or hasn't the
slightest interest in robotics. Just my few, random thoughts on the matter.

Andrew Meyer

Yes, exactly - some models have to be just small step behind Technic. It will
allow people to easy shift from "just Technic" to robotics. Currently, there are
too large gap between Technic and Mindstorm, I think. If filled, it will allow
easier learning.

And when one got enough of experience, he can purchase "PC connector kit" and
start developing its own programs. So we can expect that more "excellent
roboticists" will grow because of easier self-education.