 Robotics / 24111
Re: An Idea for new Mindstorm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:59:41 GMT

On Thu, June 23, 2005 11:18 pm, Alexander Horoshilov said:
In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
So, what programs do you think TLC should write?  And, how much would you pay for
program?

What programs? It is tough question. Classics like line following and walker
would be a good start.

I personally, think that price of $10-20 for the sotware only would be a fine
deal.

I doubt there would be a big market for $10 programs.

If you're trying to avoid the complexity of downloading programs, what if they just
had a bunch of programs already in the RCX?  For example, if the memory was bumped
from 32k to 128k, it should be able to hold twenty programs, instead of five, right?

The RCX still has all the functionality we've come to know and love, but it has a
bunch of "get-started" programs, for those not ready, or not interested in
programming.

In the future, they could make a more advanced pack of programs, that we could
download (if you want to hook your RCX to a PC), without charging us $$.

Would that do what you want?

Steve