 Robotics / 14255
Re: Searching for alternatives
Newsgroups:
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:56:24 GMT

connected using IR to an RCX and maybe an Agenda also?

Please feel free to respute this.

Tim

----- Original Message -----
From: John Barnes <barnes@sensors.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: Searching for alternatives

I have been following this thread with great interest - as an avid seeker • of
alternatives.

I would appreciate a link to some in depth info about the "Agenda" device • if
there is one.

I also have a question;

If you are proposing replacing the compute capability of the RCX by • something
else and if you are going to have to get out a soldering iron to make
"something"
which allows your "alternative" to talk to the RCX, it's presumably • because
you want
the RCX's motor output and sensor input capabilities. So why throttle your
new scheme
by the 3+3 limit of the RCX? It seems to me that a simple interface box • which
connects to the Agenda (wish I knew more about what "connects' means in • this
instance) and which hosts a useful number of motor outputs and Lego • compatible
analog inputs would be a lot more appropriate.

Maybe the real task is to devise such a box which is 100% Lego compatible, • ie;
with studs, technic holes and 2x2 Lego electrical connectors, into which • or
onto
which the target computing device is attached?

Well, that's my 2c worth ...

JB

- avid builder of alternatives!