 Robotics / 14251
Re: Searching for alternatives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:42:18 GMT

"Steve Baker" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:3A7FFB5B.EF74DE85@airmail.net...

If you *ONLY* want to use NQC, yes.  But if you want to write large,
complex AI programs and have them drive the robot from an on-board
computer, then I don't think Wince is a good choice because I strongly
*suspect* that the tools and API documentation needed for writing new
Wince programs are *far* from free.

I would agree with that totally - I hadn't realized there was a need for
higher computing.

Is it possible to write programs for Wince without a costly development
system?

...which you didn't answer.

...beacuse I don't write computer programs, and I don't have an answer.

I don't like the term 'PDA' to describe the Agenda. 'Palmtop Personal
Computer' would be a better description.

WindowsCE operates just like your desktop computer, which is why they've
used the names P/PC and H/PC for as long as I can remmeber.

    Iain