 Robotics / 14241
Re: Searching for alternatives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:34:57 GMT

"Steve Baker" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:3A7F6BC4.C8935363@airmail.net...

now, i know that there are lots of people that have a problem with • windows,
especially CE, but i don't care.

Is it possible to write programs for Wince without a costly development
system?

Is that the point? I mean, if you want to program in NQC, why go to all the
bother of purchasing this "Agenda" device, trying to hack into it, solder
all these connectors and crap... when you can plug in your Mindstorms IR
Tower to your WindowsCE palmtop, download freeware CENQC, and begin
progarmming right away?

The thing about Wince is that it's a heavily cut-down version of a 'real'
operating system.  The Agenda runs a pretty much complete version of Linux
with all the neat features that come along with having a full-blown OS
onboard.

If that's true, it makes Pilot seem like a child's toy.

    Iain