 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8851
Re: rtlToronto14 AC issue and entrants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:36:19 GMT

if you want to enforce the entanglement issue, then you should change
the rule to suggest that you are not allow to have your "tail" entangle
another robot.  Bruce said it best. if my ONE wire trailing out the back
of the stationary robot looks like it might be in the way of iain, who
will build an autonomous invasion robot... then I can pick up the wire.

No, actually, you'll be building a mechanism to keep the wire up over other
robots.  Because there should be no human intervention.

I agree with Steve:

!?!?  :)

"could be replaced with something that doesn't say "External Power" is not
allowed, but says that "cables that can tangle other robots" are not
allowed."

Yes.  And, someone could easily say "well, my cord won't tangle other robots."

But...

As for what happens, my tendancy is that if it gets caught up, the robot
with the wire gets the match disqualified and the one that got tangled
wins automatically.

...If it does, they lose.