 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8809
Re: rtlToronto14 AC issue and entrants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:39:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets wrote:

That isn't a good rationale for voting no.  That's like saying "no" to
allowing pneumatics because you don't have them.

But pneumatics are available.  The original RCX with a power jack is not.

But then that approach shouldn't be used, because 90% of  the entries will
most likely hold the blocks within the 'bot because anything in the 'bot
will count unless the 'bot is in the pit.

I don't believe that making assumptions about how people will tackle a problem,
and developing a rule from that, is the proper way to go about a competition.

So, in my opinion, which doesn't really count, BTW, is that there should be
external power for the entry, ONLY if the 'bot is stationary. If the 'bot
is designed to move around (roving, etc) then no external power!!!

Making that distinction may be a lot more difficult than you think.  It's
forcing people into building a class of robot.

    Iain