 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8823
Re: rtlToronto14 AC issue and entrants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:12:00 GMT

Iain Hendry wrote:

But pneumatics are available.  The original RCX with a power jack is not.

WRONG!!!

you can still buy one at spectrum.  sure it cost $190 (ish) but they can still be
bought

so that's a lame excuse.

I have 4.  I flat out refuse to buy an RCX if it does not have an AC jack.

too bad you guys don't do sumo.  At the Brickfest Sumo, the first place prize
was a 1.0 RCX with power suppily, and a Spybot.

I have a suggestion that may clear up a couple things.  (and I know how much you
guys love to hear from me)

Maybe this rule (which some idots suggest only refers to AC power)

"External power is not allowed due to the nature of the game-the cable harness
will end up tangling other robots. "

could be replaced with something that doesn't say "External Power" is not
allowed, but says that "cables that can tangle other robots" are not allowed.

This rule seems like an unnessary limitation.  But reason for it is very valid.

Steve
"I don't buy RCXs, I just win them"