 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8834
Re: rtlToronto14 AC issue and entrants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:47:52 GMT

So I think it should come to the 'rule' that ext power is good only if it's
guaranteed that it won't foul other 'bots.

No, because AC power also means you can be sloppy with control loops.  You can
brute force time instead of using clever mechanisms (Iain/Rob) or sensoring
everything (Chris, Bruce)

your a freak!

Calum.  how dare you try to force how I should build or program my
robot.

so what if I build "sloppy"

so what if I use time....

so what if i use BRUTE FORCE.

you know damn well that's not what the games are about.

the only grievance that comes close to being even a BIT valid as to
external power is the entanglement issue. PERIOD.

I don't care if wayne does not have have a 1.0  boo hoo.  (sorry wayne,
your a nice guy and all, but your lack of parts is not a valid reason to
say why a rule should be in place)

lego makes the AC adapter, Lego makes/made a 1.0.  I've pointed out that
you can still GET a 1.0 so availability should not enter into it.

if you want to enforce the entanglement issue, then you should change
the rule to suggest that you are not allow to have your "tail" entangle
another robot.  Bruce said it best. if my ONE wire trailing out the back
of the stationary robot looks like it might be in the way of iain, who
will build an autonomous invasion robot... then I can pick up the wire.

yes, I can afford all the lithium Ion, tachyon pulse batteries I want,
BUT why should I have to?  I have access to A/C

Chris

Wayne, if you need a loaner RCX with AC, I'll help you out.