 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5004
Re: rtlToronto13: rtlToronto/castle1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:55:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Mario DeFacendis writes:

There were two things that really made me like this challenge:

1.  We could finally include Castle Freaks in an rtlToronto event.

If you really want to make (some) Castle Freaks happy, your target maybe
ought to be a "space base" instead of a castle. (well, probably not a good
idea to reopen that particular line of thought).

(written by Chris Magno...)

why??

I'm still trying to off the train heads.

;)

It is an interesting prospect to say the least.
I think I would have serious fun building the castle walls...the only
problem:

with the impact from whatever is decided to be the projectile, I would have
serious hesitation to use any of my own private stock of brick.

As for trying to make the "castle-freaks" happy, the historical context of
castle weapons....would make for interesting and educational discussion.
(as well as desiging the "weapon" to be historically accurate)

Trying to get the right angle and right force to get the projectile to
fly far and at the same time accurately.  Incorporates a bit of math and
physics.

Then building the robot takes a bit of engineering as always.  I think this
type of competition would have more emphasis in the hardware application
than the software application.

2.  The projectile would be some odd shaped non-predictable flying object

I know, we could launch train cars (i.e. a metorliner) ..... AT CASTLE
walls.(ie. the yellow one)

this could WORK!!!!

:p

...hmmm...but...really....no.  (at least for the metroliner as a projectile)

as for yellow walls...that might be a good use for those yellow bricks in
those 3033 tubs...left over from building say, a yellow office tower.

There are those who think that pink might be a better colour, but
unfortunately, they don't come in sufficient quantity... ;)   The new creator
tubs have orange and purple....hmmmmmmmmmm....

Iain: Golf Balls??? Ouch.

That might injure somebody or do collateral damage to nearby property.
If this were to take place even in the park, the risk would be too high for
injury as a result of using this.........

Ben