 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4992
Re: rtlToronto13: rtlToronto/castle1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 05:15:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

This is an idea from Mario "I'm Too Busy To Post" DeFacendis for
rtlToronto13 (uh, sometime in March 2003):  We do the trebuchet game as
featured in Junkyard Wars.

Maybe he can't post from work? I can't figure out how to post from work. I
can via the web interface, but then it sends the stupid confirmation email
to my home address. Arrrgh.

Post from work?  That would mean I would need to be doing non-company
activity on company time!  Not good.  Not that I ever have, of course.  Oh
wait, there was that little thing called "Project X" :)

Actually, I really hate posting because of the SCE (Stupid Confirmation
Email).  Well said Iain.

For the record, I was inspired by a show I saw on TV last week where these
guys chopped down a 50ft (oops, 15m) tree and build this monsterous
contraption THAT ACTUALLY ENDED UP WORKING.  It was too cool.  My original
idea was to knock down some monolithic castle walls, as opposed to getting
your tire to land inside a castle.  But both are good.

There were two things that really made me like this challenge:

1.  We could finally include Castle Freaks in an rtlToronto event.
2.  The projectile would be some odd shaped non-predictable flying object,
to inject a certain amount of randomness into the game.  That way, master
builders like Rob would be put at a disadvantage and regular Joes like me
could get a chance at actually winning for change!!

Mario