 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4979
Re: rtlToronto13: rtlToronto/castle1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:36:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jude Beaudin writes:
Does it have to be a trebuchet? Or can it be any type of ballistic seige >weapon?

Could be anything really.  I'd like to keep it relatively open.
Springloaded launchers with bungee blaster string, rubberband catapults,
pneumatics if someone can rig it, whatever.

Also, does it follow standard "purist" rules?

We always have, so there's no good reason to deviate from that.

Competetors have to wear safety googles at all times (bring your own).
Calum, rtlToronto could also bring a net for spectators to sit behind.

If we do it outside and launch rubber tires, we could mark out launch and
range areas to stay away from.  That's less dangerous than being hit by a
baseball or something and people play baseball in the park all the time.

Calum