 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3261
  Attack of the ABS addiction

I guess this weekend, well yesterday, I had a good case of the lego-buying bug... I stopped by Target (in Buffalo, on Walden Ave) just to see what kind of sales they had (hoping I could get a half-price Lego Express?) I bought a Solar Explorer (LOM) (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Attack of the ABS addiction

(...) Your real lucky to get in on those ‘super-sales’ over @ Target where I’ve been readin’ that sales can hit 90% THAT”S TOTALLY CRAZZZZY!!! I've never ever seen anythin’ like that in Canada. It kills me to read the great deals that LFB finds for (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Attack of the ABS addiction

(...) I think you're misusing the term "loss leader". In general retail practice, a loss leader is a product you advertise below cost to get people into the store, so that they'll buy additional items or build customer loyalty that is worth more (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Attack of the ABS addiction

(...) You are right Calum....loss leaders are usually staple items slightly below cost to attract customers into the store, whereas Clearance sales are used to clean out the stop of a particular line of stock so you can stock the new item.... (...) (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Attack of the ABS addiction (Wal-Mart = EVIL)

(...) Then you grinin’ at he DEVIL! >:( ~Wal-Mart spells Satan… That store is inherently evil, trust-me… Once they open-up their *Banking system with TD you’ll see just how tightly the demon had locked its claws into our society. It’ll eventually (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gpxz58.8yD@lugnet.com... (...) Actually, it spells "RAW MALT", or about 14 other variants (all quite similar, unfortunatley). Not enough vowels, I supose. (Imagine my surprise (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

"Rebel Transcanner" <hendryjr@oxford.net> wrote in message news:GpyALn.Jn9@lugnet.com... (...) Iain - Please refrain from using the above graphic language on LUGNET. It isn't appropriate, as the goal of LUGNET's administrators is to provide a fun, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Attack of the ABS addiction (Wal-Mart = EVIL)

Please refrain from posting lewdness. LUGNET Admin (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) c'mon boys....you are tainting our image in front of the lugnet community... I am sure that there are less kiddies that read our newsgroup.... so please, PLEASE if you are going to print some garbage, try to make it as inconspicuous as (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:Gpytpv.I35@lugnet.com... (...) community... (...) as (...) How was I suposed to know someone felt it necissary to tattle to .general.admin? Iain (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) hey Bro, all you had to do was remove the lugnet.general newsgroup from your posting....that would have saved everyone from trouble... Ben (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) That’s –EXACTLY- how I felt! Why’d Tim have to ‘Five-O’ u on such a minor statement? He could of just ignored it and let it pass. (It’s not like the whole newsgroup was about to be spammed by ‘lewd-anagrams!’) This just totally wastes Suz’ (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) Sorry, Richard. I cant speak for Calum. I can speak for me. I personally was not going to wade into this BUT you did bring up my name. I was not/ am not hanging my head in shame. What happened, happened. It was unfortunate that Iain, did not (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) Because of the web interface, what you or anyone else say in "your" NG is hardly private. Many if not most view any post no matter which NG it's in. You may think you "get away" with stuff, but that's only an illusion. -John (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) Richard: In some ways, yes, but I see your point and it is a valid one. I'm glad SOMEONE is defending free speech, even though the TOS is clearly stated. I also had a good chuckle-you're a funny guy, I liked your immediate response to Tim :) (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Buddhism

I'll adopt Ben’s Zen state-of-mind to answer this question: (...) And illusion? Perhaps… But if the group collectively embraces it, it becomes our reality. And in this organization we dictate the state of the matrix. Therefore, if we should so (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) It displays all groups to which the message will be posted in the authorisation mail. They're above the actual message, on a line titled "Newsgroups" (...) They're already there, as well. Right up the top. Though many people (including myself, (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) Here's one 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) But you’re an honorary Member! After all, you took part in the 1st rtlToronto Train Event!!! --==Richard==-- (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) Yep. I could have. I could have thought, 'why waste my time' and totally disregard the concern I have for the betterment of LUGNET. (...) If it isn't entirely obvious, I don't have much regard for this slippery slope opinion. This isn't (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) Tim, I understand your good intentions. I think no one is doubting that Iain and Richard were against TOS. And you're right, we're all the guests of Todd/Suzanne or whoever is running Lugnet these days. However, you also have no authority for (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) Of course we know you, Ross! Calum (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) Certainly I understand I have no authority in your NG. But, the TOS does have an authority in your NG. The comments were crossposted to a mainstream part of LUGNET too. While I would still find the post distasteful, I would have less of a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) True, but in their defense, anyone using the web interface has the ability to filter out that which they don't want to see. At that point only crossposting would enable you to see what they were talking about. -Dave (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  On the lighter side.... was (Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general)

<BIG SNIP> (...) Did anyone else notice that Chris has mentioned trains before robots..... Jeff VW (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang writes: <snip> (...) But the problem is that she shouldn't HAVE to say so each and every time. LUGNET is a community. As such, community members ought to be able to help each other out in conforming to the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: On the lighter side.... was (Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general)

(...) Oh I did notice that, but somehow didn't reply! Mayhaps Chris is coming over to the fence where I'm always sitting. Dave (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) Oooh, my second posting to a Larry post (too bad it has to be about this issue :( for I appreciate Larry, and Tim and everyone I've had dialogues with and or/read on LUGNet... In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Tim Courtney writes: (...) Both are (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general

(...) I don't wish to add any fuel to this mixture, but do want to make a point that might help present another point of view. I read LUGNET through the web interface almost 100% of the time. I have no filtering enabled, so I see every newsgroup. I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Honorary member!

(...) Cool! You guys are always welcome at Aussie events, too! I won't feel so worried about lurking here any more! (...) And a great event it was too! A big hello (and have fun!) to all for Train3 this weekend! ROSCO (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: On the lighter side.... was (Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general)

(...) WRONG!!!!!! that is all. I had a HUGE reply to this that slashed through several other posts and even used some colourful language. BUT i erased it. Chris Pretend that people from outside the GTA will read this. OOPs, no need to pretend. (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Attack of the ABS addiction (Wal-Mart = EVIL)

You know, I think this message could be cancelled if you are posting from a news reader. That way, no one would ever have to see it again. All you have to do is find the cancel function in your newsreader, then confirm the cancel message when the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: On the lighter side.... was (Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general)

(...) Fine. Leave me sitting *alone*, all by myself, on the fence between the trainees and the techies... <*snif*> Dave Pretend that I'm not feeling *really* lonely right now in my own little LEGO world ;) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)