 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3302
Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 06:26:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Tim Courtney writes:
Yep.  I could have.  I could have thought, 'why waste my time' and totally
disregard the concern I have for the betterment of LUGNET.

You don't own the RTLToronoto group on this server.  On another server,
perhaps.  This one, no.  If it makes me unpopular with a small group of
people to express my concern, so be it.  You are each responsible for your
own actions here.  Yes, freedom of expression is good.  But, not everything
is appropriate expression for LUGNET.  The TOS *and* the LUGNET community
are kid-friendly.  Take it or leave it.

Tim, I understand your good intentions.   I think no one is doubting that
Iain and Richard were against TOS.  And you're right, we're all the guests
of Todd/Suzanne or whoever is running Lugnet these days.  However, you also
have no authority for the rtlToronto NG, and this is what I've sort of bit
my tongue on for the last day or so:

I find your self appointed, self rationalized, policing a little arrogant.
I've spoken to a few people here in Toronto this evening and I think it's
the crosspost to admin/general that flaunted pseudo-authority that got me
and others a bit ticked.  You don't get to say "Take it or leave it",
Suzanne does.*

* and of course, she has said so :)

Calum