 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3261
3260  |  3262
Subject:
Attack of the ABS addiction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 02:34:34 GMT

I guess this weekend, well yesterday, I had a good case of the lego-buying
bug...

I stopped by Target (in Buffalo, on Walden Ave) just to see what kind of
sales they had (hoping I could get a half-price Lego Express?)
I bought a Solar Explorer (LOM) for 50% off...it was $16 US.  I also bought
another racer set, a $10 US set that has super-sized tires....

then I was about to see a movie at the mall (Walden Galleria), and had to
wait about an hour so I walked around....they had a KB Kids Toy Store, so
I went in, and saw Ultimate Collector Series (X-Wing Fighter, and Tie-
Interceptor) with $50 and $30 off respectively....

I didn't buy these, but decided to buy 6 small starwars (3 for $10).  I
bought 2 droid fighters (brown slope expansion pack) and 4 landspeeders
(tan and grey circular expansion pack)*

So I spend just under $50 US on lego sets, yah!!  but think of some of the
savings I've had, and I got some good pieces (from the small starwars set),
and some interesting items this weekend, and could have bought the
Hogwarts Express for $30 US...but felt I had enough money spent on it
for this weekend, and this month... :)

Ben

* - the light grey macaroni pieces (8 of them from the 4 sets) will
be used in a very near future project, a well for my "guarded" townhouse
project, in the middle of the pathway...