 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3262
Re: A Car Factory for Train3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 02:44:38 GMT

I finished with my car factory today.  This is the white building that is
featured in the timelapse demonstration video.

Here's a photo of the outside of the factory:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/lego-carfactory-outside1.jpg

The roof is built with two 32x32 blue baseplates.  On this side you can see
a loading dock area that handles both the siding that leads into the
building itself for unloading as well as the main track, and the front
office and reception area.  Just above the doors and windows of the office
is a space for a sign-I just need to draw one up and print it out on a
colour sticker.  I may rebuild this section with canopies over the
windows/doors.

Very Nice Calum.....I like the amount of blue slope pieces... looks like
the Blacksmith Shop should provide an excellent source of additional
blue slopes!!! Wooo Hooo!!!

This is the other side, ignore all the misplaced modules in the background:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/lego-carfactory-outside2.jpg

On this side we have a rollup door that can fit a forklift, where cars can
be driven out:

Also very nice... I like the style of the roller door!!  Goes good with
the rest of the building design.

Here's a shot of the inside:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/lego-carfactory-inside1.jpg

I too enjoyed the robots, but couldn't see the administrative "corner"
that Iain pointed out....a picture of this section would be nice to see ;-)

I ended up staffing the factory with soccer players emptied out of two 3411
Soccer Busses.  I guess they'll never make it to their tournament, because
they're all now CAW union workers. :)

Oh Well, its not like they'd get to play anyways....because more than likely
you don't own a soccer field.... :(
but making them workers, does make them usefull :)

Snip the remainder of the message due to redundancy.

Ben