 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3304
Re: use of anagram fun is bad in lugnet.general
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 06:39:09 GMT

Tim, I understand your good intentions.   I think no one is doubting that
Iain and Richard were against TOS.  And you're right, we're all the guests
of Todd/Suzanne or whoever is running Lugnet these days.  However, you also
have no authority for the rtlToronto NG, and this is what I've sort of bit
my tongue on for the last day or so:

Certainly I understand I have no authority in your NG.  But, the TOS does
have an authority in your NG.  The comments were crossposted to a mainstream
part of LUGNET too.  While I would still find the post distasteful, I would
have less of a problem with it were it kept here.

I find your self appointed, self rationalized, policing a little arrogant.
I've spoken to a few people here in Toronto this evening and I think it's
the crosspost to admin/general that flaunted pseudo-authority that got me
and others a bit ticked.  You don't get to say "Take it or leave it",
Suzanne does.*

Community policing is a good thing, I strongly believe this.  It is up to
each and every upstanding member of LUGNET to see to it that the environment
here stays kid-friendly and pleasant.  My original post was anything but
impolite.  The responses from the RTLToronto gang (spare your post here)
have been anything but polite.  I stand by my words and actions.

I have said my piece.  Out of respect, and a desire for the issue to die, I
will not discuss this matter further in your newsgroup.  Thanks for engaging
me rationally, I'm certainly more willing to hear out a post like this than
ones laiden with juvinile complaints or insults.

-Tim