 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15935
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto21 Tentative Ruleset Published
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:14:54 GMT

Chris wrote:

did you make that batter[y] box sumo?? that must
have been light.

   Steve has made a number of them for different LEGO sumo events (his first
version was named "Reactor", followed by things like "Chernobyl"). Actually
(depressingly for me) they do better than almost any RCX "intelligent" sumobot
they've gone up against. For the ChiBots event (10x10 cm, 500g limit mini-sumo)
I made one (1) that ran off the small battery box (the AA version is too long)
and used LEGO weight bricks for ballast... and still was "underweight".
   Actually, the best part was that it needed a 5 sec (2) starting delay, and I
took that seriously. So mine was the only minisumobot that needed to be wound up
before every bout. It was also fun watching a clockwork mechanism take on a
bunch of sheet-metal type robots (actually, truth be told Gabe also showed up
with a Reactor-class minisumo entry out of LEGO as well).

--
Brian Davis

(1) named "Rickover". Please tell me somebody gets the reference.

(2) no, those aren't metric seconds... stupid babylonions...