 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15911
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto21 Tentative Ruleset Published
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 02:45:41 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

Hey folks,

Breaking out the curly brackets here:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/rtl21/

Here's the rtl21 Tug of War preliminary ruleset.  It is not on the front page,
but please discuss.  Of pertinent interest is the red areas highlighted which
are up for debate.

Also, I'm sure there are plenty of typos, grammatical mistakes and other
overlooked details.  I'll give you an octopus for every one you find.

Calum

this one line seems to be something I dont like....

I know we discussed it, but I think 2" is way to limiting.

----snip---

The rope enters and exits at 2 inches from the surface of the table

-----end---

1.  I think the "opening" should be bigger. and

2. why do you care where the rope exits?

Chris

I'm kinda with Chris on this one--the limitations for the competition is
10x10x10--where hte rope enters nad exits in that 10x10 hould be pretty much
irrelevant.

I also think that maybe we should think about one more limiting factor.  As
suggested in previous posts, we really should look at the weight thing--up until
now we've never needed a weight limit.  However, you can pack alotta battery
boxes in 10x10x10.

I ddunno what the weight limit would be, but I think maybe we should have one

Dave K