 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15961
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto21 Tentative Ruleset Published
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 03:26:45 GMT

1.5 lb
BUT you have to give me a reciept for the FULL price

temporarily delurking...

I like the tug-of-war idea.... 1.5lbs sounds like a good compromise.
And I like the battery box possibilities of this contest....

I do have a comment regarding the now defunct 2" string height limit though.

Depending on how you plan to gain traction, a low string location versus a high
string location may be an advantage or disadvantage.... the vertical force
component of the string's tension will tend to lift-up the lower robot....
However, given that the robots are going to be 3 x 18" = 137cm apart, a height
difference of let's say 10cm would only cause a very small (approx. 7% of the
tension) vertical component.
So the robot with the 10cm lower opening may be about 7% lighter.... so probably
not a really big factor....

There are a lot of abouts and maybes ... that's because in engineering the
answer is often "it depends".....

I'm OK with leaving the string height "free".... I'm sure people will figure out
exactly what works best....

back to lurking...

John