 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15916
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto21 Tentative Ruleset Published
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 04:03:01 GMT

While I think the idea of different class's is a good idea, I dont think
we get enough robots to warrant a game for each class.

I've read all the ideas, and it looks like people are pointing to a
logical weight limit.   This begrudgingly makes sense. On the other hand
, this is rtlToronto,  so how about we HAVE one WEIGHT CLASS.....

But, make it ONLY Feather Weight.

So, you can have your 10x10x10 bot; but it can not be more then 1 lb.
(.453KG)

This means that if Steve decided to show up, he CANT just load it down
with crane weights, and dead motors and win by default.

ALSO, I think a light weight will allow builders the time to whip up
SEVERAL robots, and be a nice way for people to use this as a entry
level game.

thoughts?

maybe 1 lb is not enough, but that can be decided when I buy a scale.

Chris

I think this is a pretty good idea. This way people with have to think of new
strategies, other than having the heaviest robot, so it can pull everything
including the other table.

So I'm for this idea of a low weight limit.

Vitali