 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15917
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto21 Tentative Ruleset Published
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 04:17:39 GMT

While I think the idea of different class's is a good idea, I dont think
we get enough robots to warrant a game for each class.

That's always the problem.  Then you look kind of stupid being the only person
in the class.  It's like the guy who made the giant mirror on the Mythbusters
Greek Death Ray Revisit episode.  Poor guy, not only was he the only person who
attempted the challenge, then the damned thing fell apart.

I've read all the ideas, and it looks like people are pointing to a
logical weight limit.   This begrudgingly makes sense. On the other hand
, this is rtlToronto,  so how about we HAVE one WEIGHT CLASS.....

But, make it ONLY Feather Weight.
So, you can have your 10x10x10 bot; but it can not be more then 1 lb.
(.453KG)

maybe 1 lb is not enough, but that can be decided when I buy a scale.

Yeah, it probably makes sense.  Can someone figure out how much an RCX weighs
with two motors?

ALSO, I think a light weight will allow builders the time to whip up
SEVERAL robots, and be a nice way for people to use this as a entry
level game.

I really hope so.  I really want to encourage the "lighter" fare of the game.
Now to call Lillian.

If people are good with this change, I'll modify the page.

Calum