 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15972
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto21 Tentative Ruleset Published
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:33:12 GMT

Actually, I don't care about the straight line thing.  I do agree with David's
original proposal that the string must be free moving through the robot at the
start.  Plus we discussed the fact we didn't want someone to wrap the rope up in
some photocopier like pulley system before the start.

Well, there are rules in there:

I was re-enforcing the consepts that were there.  I don't think we need to add
anything to enforce this, I just wouldn't want to see it weakend.

It's just me poking at the fact there's always something in the rules that
different from the original discussion.  Last time the blocks went from 2x4

Yeah, it's called editing.  That's my call.  There's lots of stuff MISSING from
the original discussion too, but no one ever says anything about all the other
material I have to write in.

I only bring this up because it chains back to the block colour picking and how
your undiscussed change to the rules made it imposible for me to use the colours
I chose.

Feel free to point out that I didn't have a robot at that contest, so I should
shut up about it. :-)

The only reason it stands out is you are discussing the setup, not the game-play
at that point in the rules.

You have a point, I suppose.

Well you did ask people to pick apart the rules, but I don't need an octopus.
:-)

Derek