 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15915
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto21 Tentative Ruleset Published
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 03:46:01 GMT

Vitali Furman wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:

Regarding the weight limit, it would be nice to not have one....but
choosing a number is always tough.  Personally I'd just like to rule out
any "extra" elements that don't provide game goal functionality...i.e.
just add weight...but that might end up being a judgment call. (why yes,
I _do_ need to power this lamp with 12 battery boxes in parallel...)

-Rob A>

Maybe we should have different weight classes? eg. under 2 pounds, 2-4
pounds,.....etc.

Vitali

While I think the idea of different class's is a good idea, I dont think
we get enough robots to warrant a game for each class.

I've read all the ideas, and it looks like people are pointing to a
logical weight limit.   This begrudgingly makes sense. On the other hand
, this is rtlToronto,  so how about we HAVE one WEIGHT CLASS.....

But, make it ONLY Feather Weight.

So, you can have your 10x10x10 bot; but it can not be more then 1 lb.
(.453KG)

This means that if Steve decided to show up, he CANT just load it down
with crane weights, and dead motors and win by default.

ALSO, I think a light weight will allow builders the time to whip up
SEVERAL robots, and be a nice way for people to use this as a entry
level game.

thoughts?

maybe 1 lb is not enough, but that can be decided when I buy a scale.

Chris