 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *13559 (-100)
  Re: I got Hitched!

(...) Rats! I almost got out of a trip to Vegas... Well, now Sandy has to put up with me for a few days in a foreign country... Dave K (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I got Hitched!

(...) Party in Jeff's trailer! Derek (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  I got Hitched!

Yep, I finally did it, I got Hitched today! The Subie is now able to pull a trailer. For those of you who thought it was the other type of getting Hitch, that's happening in June :) I checked the specs and I can tow a 4 x 8 trailer (u haul) which (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Thanks! I think this game will be a lot of fun. (...) I think we should take something like one RCX, three motors and then triple or quadruple the number to get a restriction. (...) Well, I think one dimension restriction should be okay, ie, (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Topple Tower

(...) I added another photo late last night becuase I worked on part of the tower, but it was moderated a little later on. Try again now. :) I'll be adding to it on a regular basis (project in progress). Off to Blue! Yay 6-packs! Iain (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Topple Tower

(...) I saw that last night but all of a sudden couldn't browse the rest of the folder. Anyways, it looks great! I love the classic Iain Hendry touches like the guide wheels next to the 24t. So slick. Calum (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's

(...) Well, it is all fluffy clouds and sunshine for Calum 'cause he's surrounded by the bestest LUG around! We're always so accomodating and eager to do what's best for rtlToronto! Yep, Calum's got it made in the shade, baby! ;) Dave K (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: SBEmail

(...) Oooh thanks for the reminder Dave! I TOTALLY forgot to see it this time! Really funny one. Legoswami (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's

(...) You know, part of me is like, I know where he's coming from. Somedays, I'm like, why do I even bother? But you know, if you want to wear the big pants, walk around like you're running the show and talk like you're the BMOC, then you got to (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) You know, I typed in "Space Gun" and it didn't come up. I went to the 6990 Monorail, to find it. :) Iain (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Well, be aware the tiltiwhatever the hell was a "live" contest. The students had to control their machines using air pumps by hand or something and they were given like four air lines into the machine from a stationary control point. Calum (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Oh, that's a Gun, I Mean Flashlight. Calum (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Topple Tower

Thanks to the suggestion of John (to use an RCX as a counterweight), I realised this was absolutely the way to go on this Topple Tower model idea I had. I have no wiring routing issues (it would have been impossible otherwise). Here's what I've got (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) So back to the T, right? (...) Without saying too much, I think it might be a good idea for the moment to stick to Home Depot supplies. :-/ Iain (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  SBEmail

Since we haven't chatted about it in a long long time... (URL) wordfrom all previous e-mails... nice Dave K (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Yeah, the center of gravity of the whole assembly is ABOVE the beam, so the whole thing is by definition unstable. Weird. I didn't quite get it either. Are we missing something? My thinking is (and I built a quick model from LEGO) that we (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) (URL) seems kinda... odd. The instant it starts to move in one direction, it's going to "snap" over and that's the end....? Iain (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Hi Mitchell, I think the part you're refering to is this: (URL) Accessory Torch" I got the idea from the guys (whos name escapes me, I'm really sorry) who put together this huuuuuge, 7 metre long car assembly system in Germany I think. They (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's

(...) Didja see Battlestar Galactica a few weeks ago? Starbuck crashed on a planet, walking around trying to come up with a solution to get away, and starts talking to herself-- "Lords... I know we havent talked much..." Thought it was very funny (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  wish's

(gets on knees) Dear lord, i know we dont talk lots, but if you are granting wishs today.... amen. ---...---snip---...--- (URL) tired of it. I have better things to do with my time, frankly, than babysit a bunch of people who are trying to push my (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !!

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) It is entirely possible that I missed your point entirely :) But I do realize that the balancing will only work at one state. My thought was that if the goal is to get your side tipped down a certain distance, than just having a large bot mass (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Anyone shoot video at Drag Racing?

(...) Video - Heck, I don't think anyone even took photos! I know I forgot my camera... -Rob A> (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Found these: (URL) clear photos of the actual setup, but the prof in charge does mention Lego as an inspiration. -nk (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Another thought is to use some external source to hold the beam still for the first 10 to 20 seconds of the contest, allowing both robots to do their stuff, and then let the beam go. That should have the effect of slowing down the super-fast, (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Right. I made that assumption to prove that even if both robots are the same distance from the fulcrum, they are no longer in balance (a neutral win state). (...) I think you missed my point entirely. You were saying that by adding a mass to (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A slice of airplane

(...) Oh that's right. I remember you telling me this now when we went to that computer store in Scarborough to get you an iPod (pansy). (...) Ha! Good. Or the TurboTrain. :( Iain (born 20 years too late) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) B has the advantage if and only if the assumption that the robots move at the same rate holds true. Assuming that the two robots are are similar in terms of battery and motor configurations, i.e. can deliver the same power, robot A in the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Derek's got a good point - lead bricks aren't necessary - lots of battery boxes with dead batteries, or, 8466 tires. I would suggest a digital postal scale for event day, or a mechanical LEGO-built scale. Anyone UNDER the defined weight limit (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) I don't know, I've been trying to find the MIT contest webpages but I haven't been able to turn them up. I think there was a size and weight restriction in the original contest. Actually, come to think of it, all I remember was Alan Alda in (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A slice of airplane

(...) Embraer was being funded by the Brazilian government, an approach we didn't take lightly to. IIRC Brazil was offering export subsidies for purchasers of ERJs, making it more attractive for operators to choose them over CRJ. Basically the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) It's easier and heavier to do it with battery boxes. I have more then enough of those. In the MIT contest, how do they handle this? Derek (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Do we really need a weight restriction? I mean, if you really want to load yer bad boy up with lead bricks bought off BrickLink, go right ahead. Calum (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) I don't think that will work properly, though (from a fairness standpoint). Specifically because: 10 N @ 1 m = 10 Nm So a 1 kg mass (appr. 10 N) at the end of the beam generates a moment of 10 Nm at the fulcrum. Robot A weighs 25 N and robot B (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) One option for the weight restriction is to use something like the weighting currently in use for jockeys... but on a case by case basis. Specifically, put two bots on the beam, then weight the end of the lighter beam until the two start off (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Pnumatics

(...) It's the size of the small compressor, but it's a cylinder. No. I only have one small cylinder, but more then god of the large ones thanks to backhoes and Sears clearance. Derek (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Pnumatics

(...) The backhoe has 10 big cylinders without the square bottom. I have a backhoe and I'm never taking it apart :) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Pnumatics

(...) What's a small cylinder? Does the Backhoe have a small cylinder? Calum (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Pnumatics

So I bought those Pnu accessory kits (3 of them), and I bought a few other miscellaneous large cylinders and such... So here's the breakdown on what I own-- 14 pnu valves 10 large cylinders with square bottom 8 large pnu pumps 7 small pnu pumps 5 (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Iain used the large shock absorber and designed an axle/slide end-of-arm-tool that was really neat! Basically the axles kept the EOAT from moving around while being pressed down. Maybe there's some pictures sonewhere. The whole assembly was a (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Anyone shoot video at Drag Racing?

Hey guys, Did anyone shoot video at Drag Racing? I enjoyed Drag Racing so much (actually having participated and placed) that I forgot to pull out the ol' video camera and take some footage. Did anyone from the group shoot any material?! Calum (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

What is the name of the piston-like looking part(s) that pick up and stamp the DuckPro. I can't identify it. (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: RTLToronto 18 Photos on Brickshelf

(...) HUGE, thankfully it's kept under my bed with the dust bunnies and other various long forgotten items, like a collection of vinyl. Janey "Wow, that's where I left my copy of To Kill a Mockingbird, Red Brick" (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RTLToronto 18 Photos on Brickshelf

(...) How big of an album is that? (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Yea, I can post again!

Again Derek (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: AFOL clips

(...) DV is perfect, it's the one format I can eat into the NLE really easily. Shots of layouts, trains going around, robots smacking each other, people building, crowds smiling, would be perfect. Media appearances would be great too. The problem is (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RTLToronto 18 Photos on Brickshelf

(...) Nice shots Rob, and thanks for posting those. Of course, my favourite shots are of "Realms" failing, and Iain's shot of "Rawk" getting ripped. Those ones are perfect for my photo albums of non-victorious moments. Great to see you again. Janey (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: AFOL clips

(...) Yup: (URL) be a 2004 one coming out shortly. The first two were shown at BrickFest 2002 and 2003, but in 2004, there wasn't really a venue or time to show them, so... Calum (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl 18 summary

(...) Ah...you are just to humble to state how excellent your robot was....That's why I refer to you in conversation as "Smart Rob" as opposed to myself... (...) Yeah. That really sucked :) Another favorite part for me was when Greg's (think it was (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: AFOL clips

(...) What type of shots are you looking for? I have a bunch of footage (widescreen DV) from train shows, although I don't think there is a whole lot that is actually 'of' AFOL's, it's mostly of the layout (drive bys, fly throughs, train cams, (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  RTLToronto 18 Photos on Brickshelf

Some (hopefully not too blurry) photos from last Saturday. Now moderated, at (URL) A> (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re:other upcoming events

On Mon, February 28, 2005 1:41 pm, David Koudys said: (...) If you really want to do something beyond a simple RC race, you could have a "minimum weight" so everyone would have to build up their cars a bit (then Dave's 8448 could compete). If the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Here's the thing on the extended loop--we're not bringing it to NMRA. When Frank called last week, I mentioned that we needed a 10x10 area, for that's the layout we're bringing to NMRA. If we want to get a larger layout together, the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: AFOL clips

(...) Are these available for previous years? -Rob A> (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  AFOL clips

Hey guys, I'm trying to put together a collection of video clips about AFOLs. As you know, every year, rtlToronto puts out a yearly "Demo Reel" of our highlights. What I'm trying to do is to put together a "Global Demo Reel" for Jake. Do you have (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

I am experiencing a problem viewing your brickshelf folder. Do you know if it is public yet? Some of the other folders in the same directory as the DuckPro are also not public. If not, could you please email the brickshelf admins and find out what (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  rtl 18 summary

Well, Saturday was a fun time. I met some new people, and saw some really great robots. It never ceases to amaze me how creative people get with different stacking mechanisms. Jeff VW's "super conveyor" was awesome. Too bad the drivetrain of the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: GBC does nothing for me

"Oliver" <ogiesen@mdsintl.com> wrote in message news:ICKtAC.1IpH@lugnet.com... (...) It needs this functionality, so one can simply worry about having one input hopper and letting the machine work out what it needs from that. It would also be (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) First of all.... do we know a date? (if I missed it, my apologies.) Second of all, as for the extended loop, since it is not up to me at all, I'm going to throw this back to Dave (with a big question mark...is it worth it, or do you want to (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: GBC does nothing for me

G'Day How about starting with something simpler? Say use the blocks from our block stacking events? Right of the top you would have large and small, black and white, giving four different items to sort, (more colours can be added later.) The (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) I think it's definately necissary, but as to what that number is, without having a balance at home I'm not sure what to suggest. I've got some nice scales at work, I could get the mass of say, 4 RCX's and check what that is? (...) My initial (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Thanks Bob, and everyone for the kind comments! Sorry I couldn't get it working properly on Saturday. I blame Derek's iMac. :) F9 F9 F9 F9 F9! Iain (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) The entire machine is mounted on an angle, so the next part in the magazine slides down to take the place of the one removed. Iain (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A slice of airplane

(...) What's wrong with the ERJ or Embraer? The couple of times I've flown them I thought they were great! I could be wrong, but IIRC Calum's actually modeling a Canadian-built Bombardier CRJ. Iain (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A slice of airplane

(...) Ughf, a damned ERJ. Evil, evil company, that Embraer... Nice work. ;] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203 (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

Hey guys, Here's what we have on deck for 2005: April - Unnamed Train Show. Staging for NMRA, goal to have 80% of what we need for NMRA for show at this display. DaveK? Janey? Comments on extended loop? April - rtlToronto/live3: RC Racing. Everyone (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: GBC does nothing for me

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:ICJw4C.1A9E@lugnet.com... (...) One thing I am interested in is building and designing a robot or a electrically driven mechanism that can sort the different sizes of bricks from each (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GBC does nothing for me

(...) One of the things you forgot to mention is that GBC is accessible and scalable for participants: -A GBC is endlessly enjoyable with one module, two modules or fifteen modules. This is a low risk type of event for people to work on, it doesn't (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: GBC does nothing for me

(...) I have nothing against GBC, having experimented myself, but I specialise in other stuff. I have an idea that would satisfy most of your requirements: Linear If not entirely random, then complex, with some degrees of movement repeating more (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  GBC does nothing for me

This whole GBC hasn't really inspired me at all. But thats what's so good about Lugnet, differing opinions are, if anything, encouraged. Theirs nothing wrong with GBC, but I've found the few posts offering alternatives far more intriguing, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Its Alive!!!!!!

(...) Awesome idea, Greg. Hmmmmmm, I'm in for "block liners" or a game of "block stealers".... My son and I will be bringing 3 bots ("Realms", "Rawk" and "Role"), and funny enough, apparently none of them really stack.... I had really placed my (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Its Alive!!!!!!

(...) Don't go thanking me yet--the paint was still slightly less than tacky when I threw the wood in the back of my truck this morning, and now the wood is sitting in a parking garage, where it's slightly less than zero--does Tremclad dry in the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Its Alive!!!!!!

(...) Oh no! As I was "fine tuning" the programming on my robot this afternoon, I thought the 4x4 arena might work to my advantage. Oh well. Can we change the competition to a robot that can place several blocks BESIDE each other instead of on top? (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

Great robot. How are the parts pushed forward after the robot picks one up? (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Its Alive!!!!!!

(...) Thank you Dave, you are an officer and a gentleman. Without your help, this group would be sunk tomorrow. Calum PS-I on the other hand, have spent most of this week working on the competition Greg Hyland proposed, "Mindstorms Tax Filing". See (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Radio Shack

Guess it was left over from Christmas, but I'm at the mall, walking past the Radio Shack, and I see the 8376 just sitting htere with a 40 dollar sticker on it. ((URL) thinks to myself that getting all the parts 'n pieces for 40 bucks, which includes (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: So...

(...) My favorite (and approved in Mississauga, one of the toughest residential building codes around) is Nudura (URL) I see on their web site that are running a basic installer course in Cambridge, ON, March 15th ($150 + GST). Their literature (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Its Alive!!!!!!

(...) Well, you may meet the mystery 'other half' on Sat. (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Its Alive!!!!!!

(...) "We"..... Who is the mystery painter that deserve's our thanks and gratitude? -Rob A> (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Its Alive!!!!!!

(...) Funny... We finished painting hte field at about the same time... Well, no, not really--I was in bed by 11ish... but the arena is painted and you're stuck with 8x8. As well, as stated earlier, don't expect a glass smoothness--be prepared for (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Its Alive!!!!!!

OK. I finished programming my bot last night at 2am....... GAME ON! See y'all Saturday.. -Rob A> (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) You could have also included announce.moc if you wanted to but none of the ones you selected are "wrong" in my view, FWIW. (...) Glad you did!. It rocks. Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could see it this weekend but I'll still be in (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Lego building lego... this could be the start of a bad sci-fi story. Amazing stuff! Cheers Richie (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) snip (...) Wow Iain, that's too cool! (Insert really rude duck job...umm joke here) Awesome job, spotlighted! Looking forward to seeing it on Sat. Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Spectrum Catalogue Outlet store

(...) We drove up there last weekend...not a lot to report on. I think they have a few Mindstorms boxes and some Dacta classroom kits, but no bulk parks etc. They were willing to pull stuff out of their warehouse, but the particularly interesting (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Iain Hendry" <ihendry@ventax.com> wrote in message news:ICFqqw.KAH@lugnet.com... (...) Great work Iain! (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Iain, that is PURE GENIUS..... amazing.... can't wait to see it on saturday I would have never thought it could be THIS simple, yet work so well... And completely following my favorite engineering principle: KISS :) Great job! John (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) I can host it at Sparky's Space too! Dave K (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) phuh, whatever, it's like so 5 minutes ago. Derek -Ok it's really cool. Can't wait to see in on Saturday. Why can't life move faster, I want it to be Saturday Now! (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) (URL) (...) Nice! I'd like to make a pneumatic auto-building robot that uses only air power and no RCX. Perhaps you could dress up your robot as a large mother duck! Is it possible to make the RCX "Quack" too? Mark (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Waaah! WHERE'S MY DUCK VIDEO!?! I want it now! OOH SHINY BIKES! I LIKE BIKES! BIKES WITH STREAMERS ON THE HANDLEBARS ARE COOL! LET'S GO RIDE BIKES WITH STREAMERS! (URL) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) This Internet thing is not living up to it's promise. I want it now! Now! Now! I tells you! Derek (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Jesus Christ, I don't even have the file. :) Iain, send me the file and I'll host it up on the Peach. Calum (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Calum host the Vid! Calum host the Vid! Ah come on, host the Vid! Derek Ah, get Dave to do it, he's a nice guy. (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Iain, Fantastic! I loved this. I never got the video to work. I'm glad you finaly went public with this. I cant wait to see some of your other non-public folders on BS. Chris (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(First of all, I hope I've set this to the proper newsgroups. I've never "announced" a project I've worked on before. So apologies in advance if I've posted to the wrong area!) I've had this idea for a few years. But I finally got around to building (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: Pretty much punched

(...) I'm busted! Actually sadly enough "Rawk" basically works under that premise but he doesnt have such a cute bod. (...) Mmmmmmmm nothing beats shocking pink fun fur and robotics. Didn't Sue Johanson feature that last Sunday night? Janey "Red (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Pretty much punched

(...) Sounds good to me. The robots are smaller anyway, so I don't see a big issue with this. Iain (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Pretty much punched

(...) Janey - I found your secret plans for a block bot.... (URL) I know for sure you would also appreciate the classic, pink fun-fur battle-bot (URL) ) -Rob A> (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Pretty much punched

(...) YAY!!!!!!!! Play field is screwed!!! Wow, that's wonderful news. I knew that wishing on that shooting star would help. New suggestion...... we just line up the bots, and give points for beauty! Mmmmmm look at "Realms" all pretty in pink!! Poor (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Pretty much punched

(...) ... (...) Are ther enough tables in the library that we could assemble them into a 8x8 playfield (I believe they were a grey) taping the seams with duct tape, and just place the border frame held together with hinges on top? For a more even (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact