 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13484
Re: So...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:26:56 GMT

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:20:04 -0800 (PST), Iain Hendry
<ihendry@ventax.com> wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

http://www.sellnewhomes.com/MaterialWorldICF.htm

Oh!!  That would be perfect, except, where it says you have to leave the
styrofoam up on the inside/outside of the house.  I want bare exposed concrete,
inside and out.  I'm going to have an undercut about 1 m up, that I will install
fluorescent light tubes into, on the inside and outside of the house, for super
cool indirect lighting that will look futuristic, and exposed pipes (painted red
or blue based on heating or cooling), etc...

   Iain

My favorite (and approved in Mississauga, one of the toughest
residential building codes around) is Nudura http://www.nudura.com/ I
see on their web site that are running a basic installer course in
Cambridge, ON, March 15th ($150 + GST).  Their literature indicated
you can make curved walls, in adition to the L's and T's and 45's that
they stock...

You can stucco directly on the Styrofoam for the outside, and inside,
too, I guess if you want a more industrial look...and in addition to
exposed pipes you would have to have exposed wiring for electrical
(Armor-Tek) or conduits...

If you want concrete floors, too, Hambro has their D500 flooring
system http://www.hambrosystems.com/ that the Nudura walls have been
engineered to work with...

-Rob A>