 Off-Topic / Fun / 9936
Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 00:54:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John P. Henderson writes:
The key element to the old walking-to-school-in-snow story is that it also
involved going uphill *both* ways.  ...Something that I *did* have to do
when I was younger...
Hey, I *technically* used to have to do that back in Elementary School!
(ah those were the days, why I remembe...
Wait a sec, I'm starting to sound like you guys! : ))
You see, we lived at the top of the hill, so you walked downhill halfway,
and then the school was on a hill, so you had to walk uphill,
and then vice versa.
Oh, and I'll never forget the time when I slipped on the ice : (

As for backpacks, I was one of the dorky kids who realized very early on how
a backpack is far easier to carry then the gym-bags that were so popular in
my day.  I was often teased by my classmates for it, since it wasn't cool.
Ironic that today's youth uses backpacks so much that they are now produced
almost exclusively.  I guess I am a trendsetter!  :)

-H.
Gym-bags???

Did you have contests doing weight lifting with them?

Well, at least people in your age didn't have the pain right
between the shoulder blades after carrying a backpack with
*4* textbooks, a binder, 3 folders, and a gym uniform.
(and a few sticks of gum if you want to count that too : ))

So if you came up with the idea, then you suffered the pain,
so I salute you.  (mocky salute) : )

I put too many smileys in this, didn't I? : )
Hasta la Vista, Sean