 General / 39261
Re: Star Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:37:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Daniel Crichton writes:
Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:

I already have to time my build - at Legoworld 2002 I was chatting
to Tim Courtney and the LEGO S@H girls and said I reckon I could do
it in 9 hours, as the RBR took me just over 4, and they reckoned
it'll take a lot longer. Guess I should have asked if I could take
breaks too :\

Now I just have to wait ... had it on order since 1st Oct.

Yeah you're going to have to prove that one to us, Dan. :-)

So 9 hours is going to be hard to pull off, and I'm going to need breaks.
Plus I need to buy a table, I don't think my pasting table I use at the
moment is going to be able to take the weight! Then again a lot of the parts
count on the ISD appears to be "greeblies", so with a bit of luck they'll go
on quick if I get them separated out before I start. And with a new bagged
set I won't have the problem of trying to find small parts mixed in with
everything else like I did with the 8880 (I don't have anything to put parts
into for building so I just used the trays in the 8880 box, and as they were
already full after the seller had dismantled it I just started building
before sorting, which probably slowed me down a little).

Remember, the clock starts ticking when you open the box. :-)  Sort those
greeblies if you will, but by all rights it should be timed.  I suppose
extra storage bins should be allowed...

Wonder
if we could get them to chip in an extra ISD, then we can time you in
a controlled environment.  Buahaha.

If I get to keep the ISD whether I manage the 9 hours or not, I'll do it :)

I think the ISD is conditional upon you meeting the 9hr goal. :P

I guess I could hook up my webcam and record the building, but it'd be
pretty boring viewing :P

Plus it would be much more fun to taunt, I mean cheer, you on in person.

I DID do them a favor by taking
all those ship pictures so they could cheat, er...gain inspiration
for their inter-departmental competition - they owe me! (crosses
fingers for a free ISD)

You might have got one if you'd built the ship for them and it won :P

With all the energy I spent resisting their pleading, I never thought about
trying to wiggle an ISD out of it.  Doh!!

Talk about cheats!

Yeah no kidding!! :-)

-Tim