 Off-Topic / Fun / 9418
Re: The Real Chosen One?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 18:14:25 GMT

In any case, I'm sure what Obi-Wan said about the droids was true... "from a
certain point of view."  The tougher issue to resolve is why in A New Hope
does he tell Luke that Anakin was already an accomplished pilot?  (Because
Lucas didn't know...)

No one tries to explain away aparent inconsistencies more than I do but I
still have a real problem with the word "accomplished". I mean to say that
as a boy Anakin was awesome behind the controls of any kind of vehicle may
be correct, but the term "accomplished" indicates experience; to me it is
synonymis with "seasoned" or "proven". Maybe I am just reading too much into
this.

And what about the rumor about the cut scene with a kiss between Shimi and
Qui-Gon? How does that bode with the whole Jedi celebacy thing?

Scott