 Off-Topic / Fun / 8672
Re: Ape Linkin'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:41:17 GMT

I know this is a long-dead thread, but a couple of guys here at work were
discussing the subject, and I found a relevant link:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Richard Noeckel writes:

(Can you believe that a little chimp is really 3 times
stronger than a man…I'd bet that I could probably take an adult male chimp
in a death match! Seriously… and no I wouldn’t use a weapon, it’s just that
animals don’t train to fight or kill, where as some humans do.)    No not a
murderer, just many years of Kung Fu & KickBoxing.

  Cecil has this to say re: chimp puissance...

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_001b.html

  My feeling is that, even if you (or any typical pugilist) got a few good
shots in on the chimp, the chimp would only need to grab you once and it
would be all over.  I think the difference between chimp and human
physiology would be enough to reduce the effectiveness of thumblocks and
pressure points, too.

     Dave!