 Off-Topic / Fun / 8673
Re: Fellowship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:49:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:
A few spoilers:
13. We've been pronouncing "golem" wrong all these years--
   it should actually almost rhyme with "stolen"

Speaking of which, one little thing that bugged me all through the movie:

The Dark Lord's stronghold is apparantly not Mordor, but is in fact
Morrrdor.  Roll the first "r", but definately not the second.

Ah well, it's better than finding out "Saruman" is actually "Aruman", which
we've had to put up with from certain other (to remain nameless) productions...

(All-in-all, Jackson did the film well.  It falls short of the book, but
except for nigling details, it's the medium and not the artist that creates
the gap.  I've got more respect for Peter Jackson (and crew) than I used to.)

thanks,

James