 Off-Topic / Fun / 8671
8670  |  8672
Subject:
Fellowship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:22:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

A few spoilers:

1. Fellowship is the first part of a trilogy
2. There will be two more movies in the trilogy
3. Gandalf looks suspiciously like Magneto
4. Elijah Wood is four feet tall in real life
5. Samwise is *not* voiced by Roddy MacDowell
6. This rotoscope animation just keeps getting better and better
7. The guy behind me chews popcorn with his mouth open
8. I don't care what you say--"Buckleberry Ferry" is a goofy name
9. Aerosmith's daughter has a bigger role than Alicia Silverstone
10. No orcs were harmed during the filming of Fellowship
11. This film is thematically very similar to Peter Jackson's
    previous film "Heavenly Creatures."
12. Gollum makes a brief appearance in a Led Zeppelin song
13. We've been pronouncing "golem" wrong all these years--
    it should actually almost rhyme with "stolen"
14. We never learn what happened to the other four golden rings given
    to Frodo by his true love on the Fifth Day of Christmas
15. If you start Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" during the
    opening credits, you'll notice some eerie coincidences
16. We never get to see Tonto, Strider's trusty sidekick
17. In the lower right part of the screen during the Council of Elrond,
    you'll spot a delegation of ET's
18. The CGI creatures in Fellowship are considerably less awful
    than that awful CupCup Binks
19. No sign whatsoever of Teela, Man-At-Arms, or Ram-Man
20. John Cleese has a brief cameo as Nearly-Decapitated-Nigel
21. A Wizard's Staff has a Knob on the End
22. "Bard" is a dumb name for a fighter
23. Elrond Hubbard started a wacko, pseudoscientific cult
24. The whole thing is obviously plagiarized from Terry Brooks
25. Still no word on the live-action "Chronicles of Narnia"

Hopefully these little insights won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't already
seen or read it.  I have far too many friends who are pedantic Tolkien fans, so
I'm already braced for endless bouts of "Gandalf's beard should be three feet
long.  No, his beard should be two feet long."  I expect I will enjoy the film
immensely!

     Dave!