 Off-Topic / Fun / 10068
Re: Two Towers (was Re: Fellowship)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:41:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

I was humiliated by my friend many years ago, when watching the Ralph Bakshi
animated Lord of the Rings.  He stood up in the middle of the theater and
shouted, "Gimli's not bald!"

I humiliated him right back by saying, "Quote me the book and page where it
says he isn't!"

  That's pretty funny, in a tragic sort of way.

  Not quite as long ago, back in June of 1989, I saw Tim Burton's over-hyped
"Batman" with a girl named, delightfully enough, Robin.  After we'd taken
our seats, but before the film had begun, I went back to the lobby to fetch
popcorn and beverages.  When I returned, I went down to the front of the
theater, made a show of searching for her, and called out "Robin, where are
you?"
  She didn't see many movies with me after that...

     Dave!