 Off-Topic / Debate / 12386
Re: Military Lego Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 23:08:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition, which was first created in 1478 with
the blessing of Pope Sixtus V for the express purpose of "cleansing" Iberia
of those pesky unbelievers.
best

  LFB

  Posted to-> .off-topic.debate, where this belongs.

Actually and technically, the Inquisition properly so called did not come
into existence until 1231, with the constitution Excommunicamus of Pope
Gregory IX

‘1478’ was more of an establishment rather that a ‘creation.’

  -Richard   ‘who had to dig up his English thesis to reply to Lindsay’s post’

  Just one question though, am I in dispute with a Masters or Doctorate
student? I'd kinda like to know…just so I can get a good head start and RUN
away when you trounce me with your learnedness.        ;)

Actually, I would really like to know…
Where were you schooled?
In what discipline did you major in?
What is your level of education?

(I know you’ve been questioned before about this. But I just wanted
clarification. Thanx!)