 Off-Topic / Debate / 12391
Re: Military Lego Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 03:40:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Victor Knight writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Pedro Silva writes:

I consider that modern european civilization has a lot to thank the arabs,
who kept civilization during the dark ages. They were beaten off the Iberian
Peninsula because they did not want to fight, and instead they devoted to
science and the arts. On the other hand, my ascendants wanted to wipe'em out
the face of the Earth just because they had the "wrong" religion - and drive
the blokes out of Europe in the process. But I cannot claim that those who
gave me a language and culture were the bad guys... so I like the idea of
not clearly choosing a side.

Um did you forget the Arabs came to the Iberian peninsula via war and rape?
Talk about one-sided historical revisionism.

  If you're trolling, you just caught a live one.

  <sarcasm>

<junk snipped>

You can feel sorry for a group that invaded and then was tossed out if you
want, but try not to be so biased and sorrowful in your description.