 Off-Topic / Fun / 8036
Re: Military Lego Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:59:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
I'm sorry, I just really remember that.
It’s always nice to be remembered!!!

It made my eyes hurt just thinking about it, but it was a heck of a visual
Indeed, and watchin’ Tim Burtons rendition of -Planet of the Apes- only
reinforces the point. (Can you believe that a little chimp is really 3 times
stronger than a man…I'd bet that I could probably take an adult male chimp
in a death match! Seriously… and no I wouldn’t use a weapon, it’s just that
animals don’t train to fight or kill, where as some humans do.)    No not a
murderer, just many years of Kung Fu & KickBoxing.

   As you know, raw strength can be turned against its user.
   The catch would be that chimps, as similar as they are to
   us, move in different ways.  In a sense you "wouldn't know
   your enemy" and thus might underestimate him/her/it in
   some way--which might be bad if you don't negotiate the
   learning curve sufficiently.  :)  I keep thinking of that
   scene from "Alien Nation" where Sykes knees the Newcomer
   in the groin and it does nothing...

Sorry, but I'm unfamiliar with “Rutgers-NB.”
Is it a high school, college, university…

   It's one of the largest universities in the world--the NB
   stands for "New Brunswick" (New Jersey) to differentiate
   from "Newark" or "Camden".  This is the tippy top of the
   RU mountain.  (It's been more of a dungheap the way they've
   been making decisions lately, but that's administratia for
   you.)

   I'm still always surprised when someone hasn't heard of
   this place, but then again, I know people who occasionally
   go "Queen's?  In Kingston?  Isn't that in Jamaica...?"  If
   you don't have the geographical name, nobody knows it's
   around.  :(

And what kind of ward?
Oh, and I was referring to the rubber walled kind!    ;)

   Yes, yes, that would be accurate.

   best

   LFB