 Off-Topic / Fun / 8035
Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:25:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher Tracey writes:

<snippitty-doo-da>

This bothers me because, as some of you might know Chuck Taylor All-Star shoes
are no longer being made and Converse has decided to market the All-Star brand
on t-shirts and other products and that's it.

I had heard this news many months ago and in a panic rushed to buy-up a lifetime
supply of my favorite low-tops (a necessary part of my social uniform). However,
according to my Chucks supplier, a heavy Converse dealer, when Converse filed
for bankruptcy they were immediately snapped up and the decision was made to
keep the classic Chuck Taylor lines (apparently, besides myself, there still is
a demand for them). The only difference, I am told, is that the All-Stars will
no longer be manufactured in the US but in a Pacific-Rim country... most likely,
China. The news may have changed in the last four months... and if so, please

Jim