 Dear LEGO / 3415
Re: Military Lego Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 17:58:03 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Victor Knight writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Pedro Silva writes:

I consider that modern european civilization has a lot to thank the arabs,
who kept civilization during the dark ages. They were beaten off the Iberian
Peninsula because they did not want to fight, and instead they devoted to
science and the arts. On the other hand, my ascendants wanted to wipe'em out
the face of the Earth just because they had the "wrong" religion - and drive
the blokes out of Europe in the process. But I cannot claim that those who
gave me a language and culture were the bad guys... so I like the idea of
not clearly choosing a side.

Um did you forget the Arabs came to the Iberian peninsula via war and rape?
Talk about one-sided historical revisionism.

   My response sits at:

   http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=12382

   Keep followups there.

   LFB