 Off-Topic / Fun / 4818
Re: Peasants and armies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 02:53:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
I always did poorly for one simple reason:  I'm awful at sports.  ;)  And I
really couldn't care less...  :)  As far as I'm concerned, sports are boring.
Except for the Olympics...  :)

Yah, I like the olympics. Other sports are really just out there, y'know?

That's for sure.  I especially like the Winter Olympics.  :)

I used to read phone books. It was pretty amusing to see how many "Cohen"
families were listed in the Tel-Aviv directory... (I'm not kidding, I really
did that for a while :) there are about ten pages worth of Cohens as of 1994
;)

lol!!  I never did that much...  :)

(1) Yes, that's right. 4-day field trips are quite common in Israeli high-
schools, you usually have one once a year. My school has real camping,
cooking, hiking trips... not the wimpy "visit old Jerusalem and sleep in a
youth motel" field trips ;-)  (j/k, those are fun too... but the hiking
trips are SO much better).

Aaahh!!  Outdoors!  Keep it away from me!!  ;)

I'm serious on this one. Those trips were the highlight of the year, not only
do we miss school for a week (after the four days, we get Thursday and Friday
off ;) but we had so much fun. I got to know people much better during those
trips than during the full school year. We'd always leave the trip with twenty
thousand private jokes, fifteen rolls of film each, and a bunch of hilarious
memories... (like the time I fell off a 2 meter rock slide, or the time we
lost our astronaut teacher, or the time that... you get the picture ;)

Hehe...  The highlight of my school year was always the last day.  ;)

Umm, don't you mean "Astronomy" instead of "Astronaut"?  :)  If not, what kind
of cool school did you go to??  :)

Jeff