 Off-Topic / Fun / 4762
Re: Peasants and armies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 02:41:54 GMT

"Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> writes:
(FUT .o-t.fun)

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Archery and Swimming were the only PE sections I could ever get above
a C in, at least until I hit college and got to do other interesting
things (like yoga, horseback riding, tai chi, fencing, ballroom dance,
juggling, rock climbing...)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm having so much fun in my current
Lifetime class. We did badminton, it was excellent! (Badminton, as
are Baseball and American football, is literally nonexistent in Israel.)

Hm, at my high school, the gym classes focus on one sport for a couple
weeks, and then switch to another.  There's basketball, weight lifting
(aka conditioning), basketball, track, basketball, football, basketball,
floor hockey, basketball, soccer, basketball, softball, basketball,
badminton, basketball, swimming, basketball, golf, and did I mention
basketball on every day when there's a substitute or a "free day"?
Glad I finished gym requirements last year...
--Bram