 Castle / 3423
Re: Peasants and armies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:15:48 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hey guys,
Check these out:
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/Peas_assort.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/armyview.jpg

Very nice assortment of figs.  I am trying to keep more peasants than
soldiers but it is a hard thing to do.  Its a good thing the Star Wars sets
have good parts.

Tell me about it.  I think my peasants are outnumbered 10 to 1 by soldiers.

Heh... we've all got this problem.

My only comment is I don't like Silver Swords.  To me no sword should be as
big as the person carrying it. :-)

I don't like Silver Swords, either, but for different reasons.  The silver
layering begins to flake off very quickly, and it really annoys me.
Otherwise, they make perfect Claymores!  :)  BTW, Claymores and Flamberges
could get up to six feet long, so a sword larger than the wielder is not
unheard of.

Well, the "proper" height of a claymore is "from the ground to the chin",
including hilt, so the sliver swords are a teeny bit long for minifigs, but
then again, compared to the wrenches and oilcans over in .town, they're
perfectly to scale. ;)  I've just got the same bias as Eric.. I don't like 'em.

I think the Silver Sword is OK for a special or Majical weapon but otherwise
I try very hard not to use it.  That has been hard though because I have a
shortage of DkGray swords

In the mail today, Eric. ;)

But spearmen, Pikemen, and Archers were more common than swordsmen.  That is
why I have so few swordsmen(1).  :)

Depends on period and army.  Also, most pikemen doubled as swordsmen once the
charge was broken...a pike is a great weapon against a knight charging, but
it's hard to find a more awkward one against a knight looming. :)

Archers were only more common because any old peasant can shoot a bow. (and
make a bow, and own a bow...)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.